The Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management reflects the role of highly skilled senior managers who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with specialised managerial skills and substantial knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate with significant autonomy and are responsible for making strategic business management decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector and for a diversity of employers including restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for specialisation in cookery.
Full time: 92 weeks (including public holidays, reassessment and catch-up days)
Individuals with this qualification will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Client and Customer Service
- Communication and Teamwork
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Governance and Legal Compliance
- Human Resource Management
- Kitchen Operations & Food Safety
- Management and Leadership
- Workplace Effectiveness & Health and Safety
- Working in Industry
Units of Competency
- 16 core units
- 17 elective units