Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- Qualification Description
- Entry Requirement
- Course Duration
- Course Structure
- Credit Transfer
- Assessment Methods
- Pre Enrolment Sheet
Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery reflects the role of Commercial Cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organizations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops, or to run a small business in these sectors.
SIT Hospitality Training Package entry requirements for this qualification
AVETA Entry Requirements for International Students:
- Have obtained an IELTS band score of at least 5.5 - or equivalent; or 5.0 where the test score is combined with at least 10 weeks ELICOS or 4.5 where the test score is combined with at least 20 weeks ELICOS (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/stud/more/student-visa-english-languagerequirements);
- (Note - IELTS - results are valid for two years only: reference: https://support.cambridgeenglish.org/hc/en-gb/articles/202838296-How-long-aremy-results-and-certificate-valid-for-); or
- Have completed a Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level Training Package course in Australia; or,
- Have completed any Certificate III or Certificate IV in ESL or EAL from the ESL/EAL Framework (VIC).
- Have completed the ELICOS Course: General English – Intermediate Level
Full time: 78 weeks (including public holidays, reassessment and catch-up days)
Study AreasIndividuals with this qualification will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
Units of Competency
For more information about our fee structure , please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
AVETA will determine any prior learning of each student with regard to their existing skills, knowledge and experience that that the student may have acquired through formal, non-formal and informal learning related to Units of Competency in this qualification in order to determine the amount of training AVETA will provide to each student (as per Clause 1.2, ASQA RTO Standards 2015). If RPL credit is granted, this may result in a shorter course duration for this qualification.
Click here to Download the Pre Enrolment form Download